Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stained Glass Effect


I love the stained glass window effect and made a card for a friend recently, which she loved :-) You do have to be careful when working with vellum, any crease or fold in the cardstock and it is there permanently. But you can use this to your advantage as I have in the grass below my butterflies - can you see it ? Its scored using a stylus. My butterflies are stamped in versamark and heat embossed with black powder n the front of the vellum. The butterflies are then coloured in from behind - you cant really see the effect in this pic, I was more concerned with showing the light through it. It is subtle and yet very effective, maybe more so with vellum paper - might try that next ! Thanks for dropping in :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)