Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mixed Media Layouts - Hawaii

Since starting on this whole mixed media journey, I have really neglected some of my card making and scrapbooking supplies. Whilst some will lend themselves to mixed media, others will not. So I had to go shopping for more stuff, it was terrible, really terrible ...... as you can imagine ! LOL

I love this moleskin watercolor paper journal, the quality of the book and the shape of the pages are really amazing for some pages.

For this page I really wanted to capture the Hawaiin theme. Whenever I am in an uncomfortable position - like the dentists chair, this is the place I escape to. I can feel the breeze and so vividly remember how relaxed and content I felt, with a beautiful blue sky and ocean view.

I used my dylusions sprays as the base, then some shimmer paint with a stencil. The gesso with the same stencil and orange dylusions spray. There is so much interest and texture in the background, I love it. Then everything else was layered on top, orchids from a WMS set, stamped and colored with copics, leaves are from a hero arts set. I stamped some waves from the WMS set Free Spirits in versamark across the bottom and embossed them in clear powder. It really emphasised the blue. I doodled around the edges, colored the pattern with black marker and orange gelato, and journalled around the edgs. I highlighted the inside of the doodle with blue gelato. The image of me was printed, fussy cut and adhered with gel medium, then the outline done in Faber Castell white india ink. The lettering is from 3 sets, 'Going to' is from and old See-D's alphabet stamp set. 'MY' is from a PTI alphabet die set, and 'Happy Place' is die cut using Tim Holtz alphabet set.

I really enjoy this page, I feel its emphasized and reinforced the significance of this time and place to me. I hope you can find some inspiration to capture your favorite time or place. Thanks for visiting :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)