Thursday, January 2, 2014

Designs by Ryn Artist Trading Card (ATC)

My groups latest ATC title was 'Pig Out'.  So my gorgeous origami pig stamp, from Designs by Ryn, made its debut :)

I paper pieced the pig with b&w origami paper, adding a few red dots with liquid pearls to mimic the Japanese cherry blossom and tie into the red background. I cut around the paper pieced pig leaving a thin border of card stock, which helps to distinguish the pig from the busy background.

On a foam pad I used my 8m McGill stylus, rubbing his belly in a circular motion on the back of the pig to give him some dimension, make his belly pop out a bit. I don't know if you can really see the effect in the pic below, but it is there and enhanced by using thicker pop dots in the centre of the pig to adhere him to the ATC.

I coated the pig in a thick layer of diamond glaze/ crystal effects to give him the glossy look, that turns him into a thick and sturdy embellishment. Adding something shiny/glossy to the ATC draws the eye directly to the object, in this case the pig, and makes the colours appear more vivid.

The background card stock was cut to 3.5 x 2.25" and covered in strips of various origami papers. The outside was sponged with black soot distress ink. The red strips and 'PIG OUT' title added. I made the little red tassel using red embroidery thread, my TH tiny attacher and a silver brad.

The pig out spin on this ATC is that the pig is outside of the ATC - see his head sticking over the edge, and also that he 'pigged out' and has a rounded body shape - don't we all post Christmas ? LOL


Hope you liked my ATC, thanks for visiting.

Published on Ryns blog :
http://www.designsbyryn.blogspot.ca/2014/01/customer-creation-gallery-8.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikki! thanks for sending along the link. Great idea to pop out the pig's belly and to leave a card stock border around him. The papers you chose are beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)