Thursday, March 6, 2014

Stampotique February atc swap

The Stampotique girls were keen to go again with the atc swaps, so I organised another, entitled 'Outside the Box'. I am loving these exchanges so much, I hope it goes on forever ...

My interpretation of the title 'Outside the box' was that Mothloved is feeling left out, she is a square peg in a round hole, feeling a bit insecure. Also, the tab protruding from the side of the atc is on the left, 'left out' - get it ?

I randomly clear gesso'd my water color paper, let it dry, then colored onto my craft mat with a blue and purple gelato, spritzed with water and 'smooshed' (is that a word? LOL) my paper through the mixture. I went in afterwards and did some more specific painting and applied a little contrasting ocre. The texture of the paper turned out amazing, it was scratchy and abstract. The ungesso'd areas are darker. I stamped Mothloved and embossed her, then painted white acrylic over her body parts and spots on her dress. I painted her tshirt purple. The edge was lightly sponged with black soot distress ink.

The tab was punched with my envelope punch board and 'left out' stamped. I love the contrast between the smooth shiny embossing and the gritty background.

 I always decorate the back of my atc's. If I spend that long planning and executing the front, then I want the back to be just as great. Painting and a little second generation stamping make the perfect atc back.
The atc was sent to the UK, the recipient LOVED it :) Result ....

1 comment:

  1. Not surprised the recipient loved it ! It is fabulous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)