Sunday, June 15, 2014

Age journal page

Purple overload ..... lol, but I was in the mood and besides purple symbolizes magic, mystery, spirituality, the sub-conscious, creativity, dignity, royalty – and it evokes all of these meanings more so than any other color.(www.colormatters.com) - so how could I resist 

I did a background for a page ages ago, it's textured with gesso, numbers die cut and glued down, then I painted with acrylic and stamped some circles and sponged with brown stazon. The page is so lovely, soft and shiny. I wanted this page to be about age and how the number just keeps ticking on .... tick tock ...
I journalled with a white fine line writer which took a little getting used to but was awesome, you can see how clear and fine the white acrylic paint is.
Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple and there is so much to look at, but nothing overwhelms anything else. I never seem to know when to stop on an art journal page - maybe I need to remember 'less is sometimes better'.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)