Thursday, June 12, 2014

Soaring High

It's graduation time for many fortunate students, so a 'Soar' card seemed fitting. I really enjoyed working with the delicate but sturdy bird pieces (NAT-295) from Southern Ridge Trading Co. I used them to dry emboss pink core'dinations card stock, then lightly sanded the card stock to get this very textured and distressed look. I lightly sponged the birds to add to the dimensional and distressed look, and to tie in with the sentiment 'Soar' (WEL-039).
For the sandwich on my big shot, you will notice below that I used my tan embossing mat. I also wanted to show this pic of the birds so you can see how the embossing picked up all the details. The core'dinations paper does rip and bend - it all adds to the overall distressed and shabby feel.
That card was so much fun to make, I hope you got inspired and will try out this technique :)
Thanks for visiting :)

1 comment:

  1. Great technique to emboss those birds; I would never have thought of that.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)