Saturday, August 9, 2014

Feel the Love .....

I came across this quote by Pamela White, and it just struck a chord with me. We should love who and what we are. We can be so down on ourselves, lets give a little praise and love instead. 

"Theres nothing more dangerous than a lack of self love. 

So put your hand on your heart and feel the love"



My 4 page journal spread features Pondering Petunia from Dylusions, Paper Artsy 'Smell the Flowers' stamp set and chipboard heart frame HRT-076 from Southern Ridge Trading Company. I actually used my dylusions shaped stamping block as a guide to cut the middle page of the spread down, as seen in the pics below :

The wording of the quote goes across three pages : 


I really liked this chipboard heart frame,  HRT-076

And look how flippin' awesome Pondering Petunia looks. I colored her with inktense pencils and then added pink flowery washi tape to her dress. The hat is made from Dylusions set, doodle. Then I colored them with inktense, added a layer of the same washi tape. Cut them out, edged with black sharpie and intertwined them. I think THAT is an awesome hat :)

My background was made by adding various colors of acrylic paint to the page, then covering in a solid layer of titanium white. Whilst the paint was still wet I flicked water onto it, which prevented those sections from drying. Then when the rest of the white was dry, I removed the water and wet paint with kitchen paper. I saw a similar technique in an Andy Skinner video on you tube.

I love this Paper Artsy flowers cling stamp set, called 'smell the flowers', I have coveted it for a long long time .... Finally it is mine, all mine (insert maniacal laugh here .... LOL). I stamped them in coffee archival ink and colored them with my gelatos. A strip of the pink flowery washi was added to make the ground :)

It was fun and so therapeutic making this page, and I used all my favorite colors :). Hope you find some positive inspiration here :) Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)