Monday, September 29, 2014

Halloween Humour

You know sometimes things are all so serious, and other times you just fancy something light hearted and humorous ... well I had such a feeling in connection to a Halloween creation ... See what I mean ? LOL
This postcard was so much fun to create, I gesso'd my mixed media paper, thick lumpy gesso at the top for some texture, then when it was dry (finger tapping waiting ... impatient etc LOL) I used dylusions sprays. I resized the the digi images from The Sailing Pineapple , witch legs and zentangle tree from the angle bird paradise set.  The images were colored with copics and prisma pencils. I added white detailing to the tree, then shading all around the images and background with a graphite pencil and blending stub. 'BEWARE' was cut out with a Sizzix alphabet die, the 'low flying witch' was stamped with an alphabet set in stazon.

Now that was fun. I have no idea if there is any significance or hidden meaning to the words, I really dont think there is ... other than I had a few hours of orange, green and purple escapism ....
Thanks for stopping by x

2 comments:

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)