Friday, October 3, 2014

Altered Playing Card week 4

 My first week 4 project was to do something house/home related, so what better than to use one of the gorgeous little houses from Southern Ridge Trading Co. HHP-394. I love the dimension my house has. 
This is a mixed media project, and here is what I started with, a gesso'd playing card with a pattern doodled into it. It seems to me the gesso takes a bit longer to dry on the plastic coated card.
The background was finger painted with acrylic paint, then I made my clouds with the Stampin' Up! cupcake punch. I sponged the edges lightly.
 Then it came to the houses .... Claudine who runs the weekly challenge,  had used gelli prints she had made, but I liked the idea of these chipboard houses from Southern Ridge Trading Co, coupled with a mess I had previously made, erm I mean an alcohol inked piece I had made. LOL
You can see some of the detail in this close up. The house was painted with a stone colored acrylic paint, then I lightly stamped a text stamp over it to add some texture and depth. The flowers are dollops of white acrylic paint that I doodled on. I cut a strip of the alcohol ink as my ground/garden.
Doesn't it look like a happy, fun place to be :)

For my second altered playing card, I got a bit carried away .... LOL. It often happens that inspiration from something can lead you in a quite different direction, or you get the spark of an idea that seems so right and then off you go to a far fetched place... Well, lets just say that happened !
The inspiration for this was a girl shopping ...
 So somehow in my mind, the shopping lead to a hairdressers ... which lead to one of them getting a green hair treatment .... which lead to two friends laughing ... obviously ! LOL What a riot, loved this one, open to lots of interpretation .... What did you think they are talking about ?

Here is a closer look, the background is acrylic paints, the Art Impressions stamp is colored with copics. The word bubble is a die from Stampin' Up!. 

I also wanted the girls to pop, so I went around their outline with a sharp graphite pencil and removed the thick acrylic paint. I love that you can see some of the detail of the card back :)
 Here are both week 4 playing cards together :
Thanks for stopping by x

3 comments:

  1. Love the two ladies having a laugh and the background texture is wonderful. The home one is fabulous as well and love how you used up a previous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you are having fun doing these cards ! They are great, I especially like the girlfriends.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these cards but especially the Art Impressions Stamped one - LOL made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)