Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Birds in the sky ....

I have had the Nina Simone song, Feeling Good, stuck in my head for a few days now, so thought I would celebrate it and create ... A little artistic licence in the words there :)

Here is a mixed media card using chipboard pieces from Southern Ridge Trading Company, NAT-295 and BOR-151
 The background is created with torn paper, gesso and blue and green acrylic paint. I then added some molding paste through a stencil and orange acrylic paint. The bird and heart was painted with brown and gold acrylic paints and clear embossed. They were adhered and then I doodled with a brown thin line marker : 
The sentiment is handwritten on a diecut from a Spellbinders set.

So fun, thanks for stopping by and I am happy to say this song is no longer playing in my head :)

2 comments:

  1. I like how you've used mixed media on this card, Nikki - looks terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background ! love the bird too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)