Thursday, February 12, 2015

Simplicity

Today I would like to share an art journal page I created, using Cityscape and the Licence Plate alphabet from Lost Coast Designs.
I really enjoyed the play on words here with simpli .... 'city'. The thought behind this page is that life is so busy, over populated and we are over stimulated, its good to go back to the simple things in life and enjoy them :)

My page is also simply constructed, I masked and stamped the cityscape in the three colors, overlapping them slightly. I used yellow ink as a sort of watercolor wash effect for the sky. The page is edged in brown distress ink. I created an additional page just like this one and stamped my individual letters and cut them out. They are also lightly sponged around the edge in brown distress ink.
Thanks for stopping by :)

3 comments:

  1. I like how you stamped the Cityscape in different colours. Also like your wordplay !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love especially the wordplay, perfect on this page and with this cityscape stamp repeated like that, beautiful page Nikki! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)