Thursday, February 26, 2015

Some Elephant Love

You know how sometimes you see or read something that inspires you to create. This happened to me when I saw a picture of an elephant online with the caption : 
'No-one in the world needs an Elephant tusk but an Elephant'. 

 This is my creation featuring this imposing and wonderful animal, The Elephant from Safari Set by Lost Coast Designs.
The background is done with alcohol ink on acetate, then I stamped the elephant and individual letters with archival ink. When it was dry I removed the archival ink with paper towel and it removed the alcohol ink as well. Isn't that an effective technique.

The ground is made from torn and layered book paper. The acetate is mounted on pale ivory cardstock. 

A close up of the elephant. Note that he is in a hat, I love that and see many used for this wonderful set, both serious and fun.
The elephant is a very symbolic animal and very proud. Its an honour to use an image in my work.
Thanks for stopping by x

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Nikki! Love the background and the elephant stamp is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, must try this technique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)