Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Sky's the Limit Moo's

So I have never made a Moo, but the ART-EXchange trade group that I am in are doing this for March.
A mini Moo is 2 3/4" x 1 1/8" - I know a tiny card to work on !

I actually enjoyed creating more than I thought I would and made three Moo's : 

First is using the Silhouette dove set by Designs by Ryn. My thinking for this theme of The Sky's the limit was to be free and enjoy whats around you. I think 'Peace' would have worked great too.
To create this I sponged the background in spiced marmalade and shabby shutters and then I crumpled up the card stock and added some frayed burlap to the raised areas. then I stamped with a small detailed background stamp from Basic Grey :
Then I stamped the birds in versamark and embossed them with clear embossing powder. Finally I sponged the whole Moo with peacock feathers, and the embossed areas act as a resist so you can see the color and pattern beneath. Love embossing .... so much versatility.

I made three of these Moos and couldn't decide where to put the sentiment of 'free' so opted for a few alternatives. I am still not sure which I like best ?
How lovely to win the March challenge winner at the Designs by Ryn blog - a lovely surprise :)

My second Moo uses the a fab owl stamp from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. The sentiment is 'smart' as in intelligent, not as in smartly dressed, although he is that too :) When I created this I was thinking how using your 'smarts' definitely helps you achieve your dreams, whether that be academic, creative, common sense, motivation, attitude etc etc.
I did a technique on the background called bokeh, which is actually a photography technique, adapted here for stamping. To do it I sponged in a turquoise and peach, then over the top through a circle stencil with white craft ink. Cool isn't it :) I stamped my owl in black versafine ink, and added some white gel pen detail. 

For my third Moo, I just did stamping , using the free foot-print stamp from the Craft Stamper Mazagine from a few months ago, and passport stamps from a set by Crafty Individuals. The grid background stamp is from a retired Stampin Up background stamp. My thoughts here were travelling and experiencing different cultures and countries. There's a whole world out there ... lets go for it.... The Sky's the limit.

So this is what I will be mailing to my partners tomorrow, quite a nice and varied selection, and interpretation of the theme, I think. Hope they like them x


3 comments:

  1. I love the variety of your moos, Nikki. The traveler one especially appeals to me. Road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. At first I didn't recognize my silhouette dove set. I was looking and looking in the background for one of my designs! I think it's because I didn't realize the scale of the piece. Really nicely done Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun, thinking on a small scale - these are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)