Sunday, June 28, 2015

By the Sea ATC - Poseidon

The challenge at the Mixed Media ATC trade group was 'By the Sea'. 

My thought process went like this:
 'Sea'. Whose the God of the Sea ? Poseidon. Lets look him up on Wikipedia. Ah also the God of horses. A distant memory of a TV advert? Guinness to be exact, here it is :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD27dAqV8lU. And this ATC plan was born ....

I had this fab digi image from Smeared Ink, who became the perfect Poseidon with his trident :

The background is sponged with distress ink on glossy card stock and white splatters aka stars added to the night sky :) The image is colored with copics and fussy cut. The trident is colored with bronze ink. The horses and sentiment are from a stamp set by Waltzing Mouse Stamps, Back in the Saddle. I wonder if Claire would recognise her stamps here ? LOL. They are white embossed. The waves are made with torn card stock, with heavy body white acrylic paint on the edges. I wanted to create that white foamy, breaking waves sort of look with my horses crashing down.

The three ATC's together :

I had a lot of fun here, thanks for stopping by :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)