Friday, July 3, 2015

Making gift packs of cards

So much fun to make card packs as gifts.  

Here is the set I made, using predominantly Viva Las Vegas Stamps, although the dog in the hammock is Stampotique :

I don't have brusho's, but I love the look so attempted to recreate it here using Dylusions sprays, I think it worked out pretty well actually :) I wet the card stock then removed the spray nozzle from the bottles and splatted (highly technical term! LOL) the ink onto the card stock. The colors ran and blended. Images stamped onto white card stock, colored and fussy cut.

Sending cards as gifts, I mean how much would each cost in a store ? And could you even get some original and textured pieces ? I sometimes feel that home made cards are under valued and people don't want to pay much for them, but would rather go into a store and pay $5 plus for a printed one ? Makes no sense to me .... 

Here is each individual card : 





Thanks for stopping by :)



3 comments:

  1. WOW these are stunning Nikki!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are all gorgeous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all fabulous Nikki!!! What a great gift for the teachers... And I share your feelings regarding the cost some people are ready to pay for a NOT hand-made card, comparend to the one (less sometimes) they will pay for a DIY card... That also makes no sense for me!! Not creative people are sometimes a bit stupid.. :(
    Hugs! Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)