Thursday, September 3, 2015

Insanity Strolls Through .....

Today I am sharing a fun make with you that you might have seen in the August Circles Challenge on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. This is the new image : Ballerina with Fish from Carmen's Veranda. How great and original is he :)


The circles were punched out of thick card stock and added to the postcard. I then used my new Dylusions paints to finger paint the background. I stamped and clear embossed the Whitecaps Background stamp from Lost Coast Designs to add some watery texture around the fish - you can just see it in the pic. I mean, the fish may be on a leash, but he still needs to be able to breath - right ! LOL

The Ballerinas dress is colored with distress inks and blending stubbs. The skin and hat are colored with my copics. I fussy cut the image and clear embossed it.

I used my fine liner with fluid white arylic paint to add the detail and dots around the circles to accentuate them, then I glued my ballerina on top, going around him with grey inktense pencil and shadowed the ground where he is standing.

I printed the wording from my computer, cut them out and added to my circles with co-ordinating finger painting. Doesn't the wording work perfectly with the image :

"Insanity does not run in my family.
It strolls though."

Can you think of any other great quotes to accompany this image ? Please share if you do ...

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you found some inspiration here, Nikki :)



1 comment:

  1. I love this, great image, great colours, great postcard !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)