Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Single Layer Card

The current challenge over at the Lost Coast Portal for Creativity is to make a Single Layer Project.

I have used Carmen's Veranda Birds Background stamp to make this card.


This Carmen's Veranda background stamp is gorgeous and actually bigger than an average card front. I made a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card. 

The background is sprayed with Dylusions, then I stamped the image with archival ink. I then spent some time using a paint brush to color the image, with various inks and stains. I love coloring, and can see the fascination with coloring books, its just so relaxing and therapeutic.

Here is my work in progress :
To finish off, I added some dark brown and white gel pen detail and accents. My final touch was to sponge on some yellow distress ink to tone it down a little, and I matted and mounted the card front.

Hope you found some inspiration here, and perhaps you will come and join the challenge to make a single layer project, there are two days left to join us. It can be tricky to not add layers and embellish a card, but I think this image is gorgeous enough without. 

Reminder that you can use any images you want to join the challenge at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, but if you use Lost Coast Designs or Carmen's Veranda images you get a double entry to win the prize.

Hope to see you there x


1 comment:

  1. One layer cards are sometimes hard to do, however this card looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)