Saturday, November 21, 2015

At the Movies

I haven't managed to create anything for the Stampotique challenge for a while, but this week the challenge SDC222 is 'At the Movies', and Corrie is the hostess, so I thought I would join in the fun :)

Here is my make, featuring the delectable and very versatile Oliver

Can you guess the movie ? 


Oliver was colored with copics and Faber Castell India Ink fine black pen to add the hair and glasses detail. I added a layer of dull embossing powder. It makes the image appear just a little bit sharper.

The background was made using black cardstock, then I used molding paste and a Crafters Workshop stencil called Mini Cubist. When the paste was dry I colored the boxes with inktense pencils in green, orange, blue and red. I used inktense because they dry permanent and I wanted to go over and add some low lights with india ink.

The words were typed on my typewriter, painted with the same colors of inktense pencil as the background and glued on top. Oliver, erm I mean Neo, was popped up on the card and a thin washi ground added for him to stand on.

Here's a close up. Have you worked out the movie and who this is yet ?


This is Neo from the Matrix. One of my all time favorite movies. And I must admit .. my all time fave squeeze ... I just looooove Keanu Reeves.

As soon as I saw the challenge theme I knew I wanted to do this, I just had to get creative with what I had in my stash. I think it worked out pretty good :)

Thanks for stopping by x


7 comments:

  1. Love this Nikki! Really amazing background. Your star is awesome!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Thanks for joining this Stampotique DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation ... Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at the stampotique designers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, fabulous Nikki, your background with Inktense pencils is wonderful and your guy perfect!!!
    And no, I didn't worked out your movie at first...
    I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen Matrix!!! :)
    Bises xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, he is definitely the "One" for me too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just has to The Matrix. Love your Neo!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique Nikki :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so f*ckin' cool <3 Love it
    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)