Monday, November 2, 2015

Mail Art Today

The new challenge at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity is Mail Art. I quite like mail art, it definitely makes you think about the placing of images, address, stamps etc. I have used my all time favorite stamp .. this is THE stamp that inspired me to want to be involved in this design team.


For this standard 5.5" x 4.25" mail art envelope I have used one of the mini flying ladies from Lost Coast Designs. Isn't she just wonderful, here is a close up of her :


I stamped the lady onto my envelope then again onto a post it note. I fussy cut the post it and used this as a mask so I could color the background. I also used a small playing card to mask the area for the address. Using a playing card for this is a tip I learned from fellow DT member Tera Callihan. I colored the background with peacock feathers distress ink and a round blending tool. I used a circular motion, and really liked how it worked out :



I left the masks in place and stamped with the background stamp postcard background from Carmen's Veranda in spiced marmalade and peacock feathers. Then to make the black bubble strip I used Circle Frame, by Lost Coast Designs.

I removed the masks and added the lettering using Lost Coast Designs Old Typewriter Alphabet SOTA

Hope you found some inspiration here, pop over to the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity for more inspiration and to enter our challenge. You do not need to use LCD or CV images, but if you do you increase your chances of a win :)

2 comments:

  1. Great mail art Nikki, I love it, also this stamp!! As you say well, it's a fab one! I also love your background and your tips!
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)