Monday, December 28, 2015

A little crafting time

Christmas is a busy time, its hard to find time to just relax and craft. But yesterday I did :) I got the new Nuance powders by Magenta, they are a powdered dye. So I had to play ...

I made two ATC's :

One featuring sock puppet from Deep Red Rubber :


The background is the paper towel I was cleaning up the Nuance Powders with. I glued it onto an ATC front. The sock puppet is stamped in memento and colored with copics, with a layer of gel medium added and crystal effects for the eyes. I fussy cut him and glued him into place on the ATC front and added some shadows with a soft lead pencil.

The sentiment I typed on my type writer. I have seen this so many times about butterflies, so I decided to make mine about sock puppets. LOL. Finally I added a little shimmer with Prima sugar in pale pink.

Isn't it such a sweet image.

The second ATC features Queenie, a new digi image from Vera Lane Studios. Isn't she gorgeous :


Queenie was resized in word, printed and coloured with copics and lumiere paints. I then fussy cut her. I liked her hair in red and pink, she is one funky gal.

I painted the background in turquoise acrylic paint, and added the string with gel medium. I did some black painting and then splashed on some Nuance powders, with water. Then let it dry. Then I came back with watered down white acrylic. When that was splashed on, the nuance powders reacted with the white acrylic to colour it. I let it all dry, used some lumiere paints in gold to high light the string , edge the ATC, add some ground for Queenie and color the stars. Then I stamped the sentiment from a Christmas set by Marianne Designs.

I quite like it, the colours are vibrant and it is very textured. 

Thanks for stopping by x

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful work again... all your ATCs are totally scrumptious, but this one (the first one), I simply adoreeeeeeee it Nikki!!!!
    Fab, fab, fabby :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)