Wednesday, April 6, 2016

He's a Bird Dog

I am taking part in the ATC trade at the Vera Lane Studios facebook group, Cat or dog person. 
I think this ATC makes its pretty obvious that I am a dog person : 


The Vera Lane Studios images I have used here are : 
Dog from Rescue Puppies, Cloud from Helga's Hedgehog and Wings from Wings for Things.

Who remembers the Everly Brothers song, Bird Dog ? Although not my era, I grew up listening to this type of music and very much appreciate it still now : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I65PxlOlHA4

The background of my ATC is actually a playing card, painted with blue and white acrylic paint. I matted it onto card stock that I had coloured with W3 copic.

The dog and wings are coloured with copics (mostly W1-5) and fussy cut. I actually cut the dogs back legs off the dog as it looked better with the wings. But of course had to re-add the tail :) And I thought he needed some additional embellishment, the glittery blue collar was perfect :)

The cloud was printed and covered with the Marvey snow marker. When it was dry I heat embossed it and it goes all puffy. I actually edited the cloud a little, removing the large cloud piece. I also added some cotton wool below the cloud to enhance the fluffy cloud-like feel.

I glued down the cloud, the dog on top and finally added some coloured dots and the words I typed on my typewriter. 

Final touch was adding some diamond glaze on the eyes, as I always do, but I did that after I took the pic. It gives a really awesome glassy eyed look.

Thanks for stopping by x







2 comments:

  1. He is beautiful, Nikki, angel-like too! I love reading about how you create your art. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole, I'm glad you like it. And thanks for the feedback, its nice to know someone is reading the process :)

      Delete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)