Monday, July 4, 2016

Be Prepared Mail Art

Today I am sharing some art mail I made for Viva Las VegaStamps! Mail Art Monday :)

Mostly the cards I make are 5.5" x 4.25", so I have used an envelope for that size card. I think in this case the envelope may well outshine the content :


The focal image is Whimsical Gas Mask Guy. I stamped him onto tissue paper and embossed the image. I then painted the back of the tissue paper, to emphasise his jacket and match the color scheme.

The envelope has a Gelli® print background, acrylic paint and stencils. I wanted to get a really vibrant and contrasting color scheme. I used the Writing Chevron stamp to bring my border color into the body of the envelope. There is space for the address in the centre and the stamp top right.

The letters I cut from magazines and glued into place. 

To me this guy, donning his gas mask looks like he is ready for all eventualities !

Mail art is lots of fun to make, and there is weekly inspiration at the Viva Las VegaStamps! blog and facebook group. You should check it out.

Nikki x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)