Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sofishticated

What a hilarious new set from Vera Lane Studios, Sakana. I made a card featuring her, although had to couple her with an image from another Vera Lane Studios set, Ocean 11



Isn't Sakana awesome ! I coloured her with copics, gel pen and distress ink. Then fussy cut her and tied bakers twine bows in her hair. The fish is coloured the same way. But I also used a micron pen to add tiny little scales to his face. Looks so effective doesn't it.

The background is a Gelli® print, then I added some additional teal with a catalyst tool. And matted this onto a white card base.

I just love this colour combination. One thing I have learned in my experimentation and exploration of arts, crafts and mixed media is to not be afraid of colour. Yes I look at the colour wheel ... get a little guidance but then I go for it. Whats the worst that can happen, its just paper - right :)

Have a wonderful day x

3 comments:

  1. I can't help but smile when I look at Sakana. This card is so bright & cheerful and FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep coming across this picture and chuckle to myself every time. Wonderful make, Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Fun stamp set and you used it so well! xoxo Tarah

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)