Monday, August 22, 2016

Jester ATCs

Today I want to share some Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) I made using the Jester Square from Carmen's Veranda. There is a Hip to be Square challenge at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, daily inspiration .. check it out :)


The wording 'Cracking Up' (as in laughing uncontrollably) accompanies the jester - well at least I hope he's funny, being such a great court entertainer.

So many techniques in these three little 2.5" x 3.5" ATCs. The background is sprayed with Lindys Stamp Gang sprays, then I stamped in a combination of black and brown archival ink. Some images I then colored with markers, and black and white gel pen highlights. I then added a layer of crystal effects, followed by a layer of crackle glaze. When it was dry what I ended up with were really deep, large cracks :
The letters were die cut, sponged with distress ink and glued on. I added layers of card stock and knotted twine. To emphasize the humorous side of this ATC, I added a Ranger Embellishment and I wrote LOL (laugh out loud) on a circle then added crystal effects to the hole. I like how it stands up prominently.

The three ATC's were all slightly different, which is your favourite ?



Thanks for stopping by x










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)