Monday, September 5, 2016

When you travel you see yourself in a new light

Today there is a brand new challenge at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, Anything Goes. As much as I like the challenge of creating to a theme, its fun to be free and create whatever your heart desires :)

I have used this gorgeous stamp from Lost Coast Designs. Its her first inking, and I loved her even more than I thought I would. Meet Feather Diva with Face : 


For this card I created a water color background with nuance powders and a water spray bottle. I firstly added the orange and red, then when it was dry I added the blue across the top and made it run with the water. 

Feather Diva was stamped into the background in black, then I also stamped her onto plain white card stock and also onto a co-ordinating colorised piece of card stock. This was all fussy cut, her face and feathers colored with copics. I paper pieced her dress. I used a charcoal pencil to add some shadows and the ground. I like to ground my images, rather have them floating. I also used a saying from Travel Quotes and lightly stamped images from the travel stuff set in the background. 

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs, Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)